Living a Green Life
This page discusses our recent passion for living the best life that we can within our current duties to family and society. It's about changing the world from within and leading by example. And one purpose of this page is to provide a reference list of books and resources that we are excited about sharing with people in their quest to live healthier, less toxic lives.
A Cure for Global Warming, the Health Care Crisis,
Dr. Max Gerson developed a cure for "incurable" tuberculosis in the early 1900's. This cure was eventually discovered to also be effective in curing cancer, HIV, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, addiction, endometriosis, hyperactivity, depression, migraines, osteoperosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, hepatitis B & C, multiple sclerosis, morbid obesity, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and many other chronic diseases. Rather than trying to suppress and eliminate the symptoms of a disease, the therapy restores the body's ability to heal itself. Chronic disease is a result of deficiency and toxicity, and this diet and supplement based therapy addresses both problems. It's a long-term solution, requiring dedication and commitment and is empowering to the patient.
To learn more about the Gerson Therapy, watch one or more of these documentaries (available on Netflix):
Find out more at the Gerson website about treatment options, such as:
Alternative Cancer Treatments
Cansema: Cure for Skin Cancer? Judging by the FDA's vicious attacks on this product, it might work!
Here's a testimonial: http://www.oneanswertocancermovie.com/articles/bill_oleary_story.htm
Read "Knockout" by Suzanne Summers
One of the most effective ways to help the body heal is a vegan, raw food diet. Providing the body with only "nature baked" foods gives it living vitality, micronutrients, and vitamins--all elements destroyed or decreased in the cooking process.
Green Goes with Everything: Simple Steps to a Healthier Life and a Cleaner Planet by Sloan Barnett (Strongly recommended for EVERYONE to read.) Become educated about the toxins in your home and how to replace them with products that are gentler on your health and Mother Earth.
Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer--And How to Prevent Getting It in the First Place by Suzanne Sommers (view an online interview). This went to No. 1 on the New York Times Bestseller list after only five days on the market. I found a copy in our local library.
Healing the Gerson Way for complete information on how to implement the Gerson Therapy by Charlotte Gerson with Beatta Bishop
For a complete perspective on how Dr. Max Gerson developed the therapy and why it's not widely known and used throughout the medical establishment, read Max Gerson's biography written by his grandson: Dr. Max Gerson, Healing the Hopeless by Howard Strauss. But then again, cancer is a 100 BILLION DOLLAR A YEAR industry. Do you think they want people to find out that we can cure ourselves with vegetables and coffee enemas?
You can subscribe to email newsletters about developments in holistic and natural health:
Here are some of the steps that we Beckmans are implementing at our Colorado farm to simplify and detoxify our lives:
Using organic laundry detergent: these soap nuts cost LESS than regular detergent, work just as well, and are free from chemicals.
Plugging television and computer equipment into power strips and turning those strips OFF every night. This can save up to 10% of your electricity use.
Eating raw, ORGANIC foods that have not been poisoned with sewage sludge, pesticides, fungicides, artificial fertilizers and now genetically modified ingredients.
(Scientific analysis of the nutrient components of organic versus conventional produce demonstrate that conventional produce is extremely deficient in the wide variety of vitamins and minerals that our bodies need to stay healthy.) We have bowls of fresh organic fruits, nuts and raisins on the table at all times. Our kids are welcome to eat these healthy foods whenever they want, and they do!
"Genetically modified corn produces a toxic insecticide in every cell. The gene may transfer into the DNA living inside your intestines, turning them into living pesticide factories. There’s plenty of evidence showing just how dangerous this toxin is and why it is worth the effort to remove it from your diet." Dr. Joseph Mercola http://www.mercola.com/
Avoiding foods that contain these three deadly ingredients:
Avoid high fructose corn syrup
Avoid aspartame (almost all foods that say "diet or sugar free") - an excitotoxin that kills brain cells and causes brain tumors in rats (and people).
Avoid Monosodium glutamate (MSG) - an ADDICTIVE excitotoxin that kills brain cells and causes obesity in rats (and people). Various forms of MSG and free glutamic acid are in 60% of processed foods on the grocery store shelves including on health food store shelves! To identify MSG, you'll need to learn the many different names used for MSG. Here's a great article explaining MSG with good links at the bottom to even more sources in information: Glutamic acid versus MSG or "free glutamates"
Drinking raw milk from a neighbors farm. Dead, pasteurized milk is bad for you. All the beneficial properties of milk have been destroyed by the pasteurization process.
Only put products on our face, hair, teeth and bodies that are completely non-toxic and eventually edible. These products are going down the drain into our water supply.
Cleaning our home and dishes with nontoxic, biodegradable and preferably home-made, local substances.
Using mostly solar power. We have 27 panels and are tied into the grid.
Feeding our pets natural food: pressed fruit and vegetable pulp left over from the juices we make. Eggs from our organically fed chickens. Search for "vegetarian dogs" and "vegan dogs" and "vegetarian cats" on the internet. You'll be surprised what you discover! No more dried dog and cat food from the grocery store.
More than half the family are currently vegetarians. We vote with our dollar bills at the grocery store and restaurants. We Americans support cruelty, slaughter, and pollution by buying conventional beef and dairy. If you must eat meat, I recommend eating organic, free range and cage-free meat.
Avoiding compromising our immune systems and endangering our health with vaccines. Read more at the National Vaccine Information Center.
Growing organic vegetables in our own garden and window gardens. In 2009, we participated in local community supported agriculture. We worked (weeded) at a local organic farm for 3 hours every other week, and paid a lump sum up front in exchange for a box of mixed organic vegetables every week throughout the growing season! It was a marvelous experience.
Watching documentaries (on our computers using Play It Now on NETFLIX!) to learn about our food and world.
Choose one area of life to change, and then change that. Next month, choose one thing to change... and then change that. :o) Wish us luck!
Cancer Cures Update from Johns Hopkins
AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY AND ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY …
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to STARVE the cancer cells by not feeding it with foods it needs to multiple.
What cancer cells feed on:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Note: Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk, cancer cells will starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes t o nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells.
To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water--best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines will become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor.
Anger, unforgiving and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
Beckman Consulting LLC doing business as Phantom
Ron and Liz Beckman, Managers
Phone: (719) 784-4544,
Web design by PacaPages.com Copyright © All Text and Images Liz Beckman